Everyone says that you should niche down. Only write 3457 word B2B white papers for SAAS start- ups founded in 2019 in San Francisco by men called Jack who drink cold press every morning. Apparently that’s where the money for freelance copywriters is. But it sounds dull.
We can do and do do everything. Articles, blogs, thought leaderships, social media, SEO content, websites, all of it. It’s about finding the right words in the right format to connect with an audience and achieve business objectives. We don’t think having a focus area matters – we think what matters is being good with words, and we are.
Francesca is a freelance copywriter in London, but usually works remotely. As well as copywriting, she offers editing.
• A creative theatre company’s web traffic increased six-fold after Francesca wrote their website, and they started being recognised for awards.
• Francesca turned round Demelza’s SEO rich website in record time, increasing their visibility and improving donations.
• In 2019 Francesca spent three months with the National Lottery as a copywriter and communications manager on their 25th Birthday campaign – a big job! There were 25 activations, 650 million people reached, 6,117 pieces of coverage and 365 million social media impressions. Francesca was the copywriter, meaning her words gave shape to the campaign, communicated the message, and connected with the audience. Without her words, the campaign would not have been so successful. She worked with the campaign managers to distil messages, understand audiences, and consider what we wanted them to think, feel, and do – and made it happen.
• Francesca has written high converting fundraising appeal emails for charities such as RSPB, WWF and The Lord Mayor’s Appeal.
• Francesca wrote an app for Rakuten, which won Gold at the Internal Communications and Engagement Awards 2021.
It’s not magic, and it’s not science, but a blend of behavioural understanding, consumer psychology, being able to ask the right questions, and using words to connect with a message.
Want to know more? Get in touch.